Facilitate collaboration with subcontractors
Businesses ecosystems are getting more complex than ever and have to be managed with a dedicated tool. With shortened decision-making processes, data’s volume increase and globalisation businesses need an information system that simplify communication with suppliers, subcontractors and partners.
For example, New Product Development involves many stakeholders internaly with different business units – marketing, R&D, sales and externaly with subcontractors, labs, suppliers.
What’s the Supplier Relationship Management (SRM)?
In today’s global economy, suppliers have a central role in product development processes and businesses well-being. With the ever increasing number of suppliers and subcontractors it is becoming critical to optimise their management. Specific tools have now been developed in order to automate and simplify processes, making it easy to make fast and informed decisions regarding suppliers.
SRM, helps businesses to improve collaboration with their suppliers, implement new processes, share use cases, and methodology. It gives them a better understanding and knowledge of each supplier to optimise engagement. It offers the ability to adapt suppliers management depending on their activity, costs, value and exchanges.
To be implemented, businesses have to follow 3 global steps :
- Suppliers’ segmentation : who is doing what ?
- Suppliers’ strategy planification : define objectives, processes, resources, methodologies
- Suppliers’ strategy execution : plan execution and follow-up
Procurement department challenges
To be efficient and execute SRM, procurement teams need a tool that is able to :
- organise and providing reliable data
- accelerate time-to-market and product launch
- optimise internal and external collaboration
- master and secure information shared with suppliers
- quickly analyse time-loss
- easily and quickly compare several offers from suppliers (RFP answers, marketing briefs,…)
Thanks to its expertise and understanding of challenges faces by procurement teams, Lascom has developed a collobarative system enabling businesses to implement SRM.