Lascom Solutions is a software product and services company specializing in developing Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) software for the food and consumer device manufacturing sector. Using its well established configuration management software, Lascom helps food manufacturers manage their product specifications by centralizing their data in a single source. Using a custom integration with Excel, the software is able to manage the product’s formula and generate the product’s nutrition, ingredient statement and labeling information. Lascom’s software is then able to automatically generate product specifications, submit for approval and integrate the product data with the companies’ ERP system.
Headquartered just outside Paris France, Lascom’s North American and Pacific operations are managed out of the San Diego office. Lascom Solutions has been in San Diego since 2001.
The candidate will work in a team to implement customer projects. This requires the candidate to be able to work in a fast pace, fluid environment and be able to multitask as she/he will be working on several projects at once. The candidate will be a junior member of the team and will be able to learn from experienced professionals. This is an excellent opportunity for a smart and ambitious person to learn new skills and start their career as the company continues to grow.
The responsibilities of the candidate will change depending on the project. Project tasks are managed using Agile Scrum methodology. Responsibilities may include the following:
– Develop product specification templates in MS Word
– Populate PLM system with customer’s data
– Import data using Excel templates
– Modify VB macros in Excel formulation template
– Create custom documentation
– Perform software testing
– Fix customer defects
– Use Microsoft Visual Studio to develop and maintain custom code
– Work with customer to define requirements
– Install software on customer’s server
The candidate must be familiar with software development and implementation process. The team will be able to provide training, but the candidate should possess the following skills
– Knowledge of with Microsoft .NET Framework
– Knowledge of Microsoft IIS Web Server
– Be able to perform SQL queries
– Create software test plans
– Develop using VB macros
– Understand XML structure
– Familiar with Project Management including Microsoft Project
– Excellent verbal/written communication skills
– French language knowledge is a plus
Entry level, 0-3 years of experience
Bachelor’s degree or college senior in Information Systems, Computer Science, or related field.
Full time job
Local Candidates Only
Does not sponsor individuals for the purpose of obtaining H-1 visas